Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Paying the Devil His Due

We got real lucky with Jessie. Nikki had been a handful as an infant. She wasn't able to breast feed because she had a high palette and couldn't create suction. She always seemed cranky and she would wake up quite a few times during the night. I figured that this was normal and luckily it wasn't long before she leveled out.

Jessica was the complete opposite. She was always happy, or so it seemed. She would just smile and laugh all of the time. She slept through most of the night and could sleep through all kinds of noise. She was such a low maintenance child.

So what the hell happened??!!!

The terrible twos as they call it seems to have started a year late for Jessica. Nowadays she's a ball of constant whining and crying. She wants everything and she wants it now. With Nikki you could explain that she couldn't have something and most of the time she was cool. Jessie will either throw a tantrum or just keep bugging you about it. And she can go on all day. Nothing to do but to ride it out I guess. 

Before I go I wanted to give myself a pat on the back. Last night I did something that was totally not me but it was such a positive step. I can't go into it unfortunately but be happy for me all the same.

And next....An addition to the family. 

No comments: