Monday, June 30, 2008

Aftershock

I hope god is enjoying the little comedy of my life cause I'm amused.

First the good stuff. I had the girls this weekend. I picked them up at 6 on Friday and on the way home decided that we needed some groceries so we stopped at the store. The girls and I tend to act a bit insane in grocery stores. I'll race them down the aisles in the cart and all kinds of deviant activities. It's really fun to watch the expressions of the other shoppers as I tell Nikki that I don't know who she is and that she should fine her real parents. She starts cracking up saying "you're my real daddy" then she comes up to hug me and I push her away which makes her laugh even harder. Meanwhile I notice the other parents with children just ignoring their kids while they try to get their shopping done. But whatever, I love having the girls around while I shop. It makes things much more fun.

Took them to church yesterday. There is a part of the service called 'children's time' where the kids will go up to the front and Reverend Betty will have a little sermon for them. Jessie is usually the only child as Nikki will go with Mrs. Holly to the nursery. Jessie will not go to the front unless me or my wife goes with her. So yesterday we go to the front and Reverend Betty starts to talk and she asks Jessie a question. BIG MISTAKE. Jessie, my little talker, starts talking about a splinter in Nikki's foot and she just goes on and on but she's so cute that Reverend Betty doesn't interrupt her. And I look at the people and they're all cracking up. This goes on for 5 minutes of Jessie just blabbering. I have tears in my eyes cause I'm laughing trying not to laugh and as we walk back to our seats people are literally doubled over laughing. Last weekend people were actually clapping for her. It's too funny. So we get back to our seat and Jessie tells me that she has to go to the bathroom. I take her to the bathroom and she starts looking in the mirror. I ask her if she has to go potty and she says 'nope, I just want to look at myself." That's my baby.

After church I take the girls to the mall for lunch and to let them run around a bit. We walk by salon where the girl cuts my hair works. In my defense I would like to state that I have known her for over 6 years and the only reason I go to a hair salon is because that's where she works now. The girls see her and they start banging on the window and she waves to them. I think, 'you know, I could probably use a hair cut' so we go in to make an appointment. She comes up, says hi to the kids and says to me "you jinxed me, I just separated from my husband" and it felt like someone just kicked me in the stomach. 

For a while there it felt like nothing had changed. The girls and I were out running around. We'd go home and mommy would be there and we would all be a family. Then to hear that a friend would soon be going through this very difficult process with a child who deserves better .....it's too hard to handle.

Night

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol god must be enjoying the comedy . Raising kids is a lot of fun in itself and this is hoswing from your blog.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute pics. Seriously i have seen angels today :)

MDStayathomefather said...

Thank you. Yeah, my babies are incredible although I am a bit biased. :P

hollywood3808 said...

I like this 'girl who has been cutting your hair for 6 years'!!!