Wednesday, June 4, 2008

R.I.P Bo Diddly

I'm in a funky mood.

Life is weird. You expect certain things to happen or not happen and when they do or don't happen it can throw you off a bit. I'm thrown.

The thing is I can't think about all the stuff that's orbiting around me. I need to stay focused on the kids and what I think is in their best interest regardless of what other people do or say. Stay focused.

I took the kids to the river today. We live about a block away from Bear Neck Creek which is feed by the Chesapeake Bay. I like taking them down there in the summer when we need to get out of the house. Nikki likes to collect shells and feathers and whatnot. Jessie isn't much of a 'get dirty' girl. She hates sand, always has. Today she surprised me by jumping in the creek....clothes and all. Then Nikki jumped in and they just played and splashed around for a bit. It's nice to see them so happy. I love it when they are.

Called my folks just to check in. My dad wrote me this long letter last week all about the meaning of life. I feel so bad for him and my mom both. I just wish things were different. Divorce is bad enough for the two people going through it. It become hell when you throw in the kids, the grandparents, and everyone else. My dad did say something to me that I can't repeat here, and it was kinda offhanded so I don't even know if he remembers saying it. But if he does, and he's reading this....I will pops.

Night Guys 

No comments: