Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sincere

Tomorrow is going to be hard. 

Dads are funny, well at least mine is anyway. He's old school. He doesn't 'get'' computers or Tivo or anything semi techi. He tries, I just think buttons confuse him. Watching him type an email is a study in patience. 

The one thing I think I really learned from my father is that when someone needs help, you help. You do what you can for whomever you can no matter what. I'm not sure why he does it. I'm not sure why I do it but I feel obligated to help everyone, sometimes at the expense of my own time or personal enjoyment. I don't do it for the gratitude and I don't do it expecting that I can call in favors when needed. I just do.

He's here now helping me through all of this. I love him and I'm glad he's here but I worry about him. When our children are in pain we must do everything we can to take away the pain. I worry about him because I don't think he understands that this isn't a pain he can ease. Or maybe he does. But he's here and that's all that matters.

Fathers don't have to fly around in capes with a big 'F' on their chests to be supermen. Sometimes just being there is enough.

Nikki, Jessie sleep tight. I love you and I would be there with you if I could.

Happy Fathers Day

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts for you. I'm sorry you can't be with your babies on Father's Day. I hope something is worked out quickly, I know how much you need them.

~Ella

Anonymous said...

If your soon-to-be Ex has a kind bone in her body, she'll let you be with your girls today. If she doesn't, then every assumption we've made about her is correct.

You're a good man, William, and a grade-A father. You deserve the best life has to offer, and one day you're gonna have all that. WITH your little girls at your side.

Much love.

--J

Anonymous said...

Be strong, William...you're going to be spending every father's day with them soon. Hell, every day will be father's day :)

You're going to come out of the other side of this the better person, the right person. Your babies will understand that, and love you all the more.

*big hugs*

MDStayathomefather said...

I never counted on today being so tough. It's only 11am and already the tv has reminded me several times that I'm missing the biggest part of my life.

And I promised myself that I wouldn't post anything that would give my wife the satisfaction of knowing how much pain she has caused. When my babies are old enough to read all of this and understand what has happened I hope they understand that I would do almost anything to see them today.

Tris said...

Oh they will know and see,then there mother will have some serious explaining to do to them.I went thru it with my parents,i found out the reasons behind there divorce when i got older.And there were reasons that didnt really matter, what mattered to me is they did what was best for us kids and never downgraded each other,for that i love them both.

MDStayathomefather said...

It wasn't until I was much older before I understood what kind of person my mother was and why my dad took us away from her. Through all of this I've held back from doing things that I thought might look bad to my children because I never want them to think bad of me. I hope that when the time comes they'll understand that all I cared about was them.