Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Who's Gonna Gimme Some Sugar Tonight?

Happy birthday to me.

It was weird. I woke up this morning and it took me a while to remember that I have indeed turned 41. I like being 41 so far.

Personally I am in a very good place right now. I'm hoping to have the babies for a few hours tonight as it's my birthday and my wife has a party to go to. There has been a lot of good things going on this week. I'm feeling pretty positive right now. 

However, I am growing more concerned about society and the world. 

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a headline reader. I don't read the newspaper much but for the headlines. I'll read a bit more if something catches my eye but I've found that as a whole newspapers and television news is usually a bunch of the same old same. But hasn't something changed?

So I couldn't tell you much about who's killing whom, who's ripping off or who's getting ripped. I have no idea who's king of the world today or which school is grieving over the loss of their children. It just seems to me that the world has become a darker place over the last half year.

We look towards our leaders as to why we're spending our paychecks at the pumps and all they can do is shrug their shoulders and point their fingers. 3 years ago they blamed it on Katrina so what's the excuse now?  There's still a war going on right? Have we won yet? Are we going to ever win?

Maybe there are no answers any more. Life is what it is. 

Our leaders refuse to see further than their own life spans. Meanwhile we continue to ravage the planet like there is no tomorrow. And one day where just won't be.

Look towards the moon tonight. Trust me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, William. This will be a good year for you once all the dust settles. Keep your head up, mister. :)

--Lola

Anonymous said...

happy birthday dude

-pius v

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!
BWG

Tris said...

Happy Birthday Amigo.

MDStayathomefather said...

Thanks everyone.

Were you been Pius?