Sunday, April 27, 2008

Things Left Behind


Ok, so I know this woman named Michelle. She is my closest and oldest friend. The funny thing is that I never keep in contact with anyone. It's like once they're no longer in my day to day life then I pretty much move on. This isn't the case with Michelle. For some reason that I really can't explain, we've continued to keep in contact for the last 7 years since we stopped working together.

Michelle is beautiful. Always has been, always will be. And it's this quiet beauty that just seems unreal sometimes. Like some motion picture fairy tale beauty where the princess is just too beautiful. But she isn't a princess.

The lady can be one of the guys, or your personal confessor, or just a shoulder to cry on when the world has been pulled out from under your feet. And she's seen me at my worst. She's been the only person who can cut through my bullshit and just lay me out on the table. It's weird.

And yes, of course I put the moves on her once. But just once. We were in the this convenience store parking and I was, as I was usually back then, drunk. We were smoking. I've never seen her smoke before and I think for a brief second she became something less then unobtainable. I was having issues with Zoe (remember her?) and I wanted to hurt her I guess so I tried to kiss Michelle. She just looked into my eyes and said no. And I say this in no way as egotistical, but no one has ever said no before. And maybe that's why she's been my best friend.

I would like to add that she was dating someone at the time that she had to keep secret. So I still consider my record to be intact. Although if we're being totally honest, I asked her sometime later that if she hadn't been seeing anyone would she have kissed me. She said no. I can't blame her.

ANYWAY, I wanted to introduce you to her because she's an important person in my life. She's been keeping my head straight through the suck stuff. And she keeps reminding me that there will be brighter days ahead.

Nicole's name was going to be Michelle but my wife wasn't going for it. I tried.

Clem update. The little guy is hanging in. I still don't see that he's eating much but he likes getting in the pool and doing his laps. We had him out for a bit and I let the girls hold him. He started crawling up Jessies arm and she just squealed with delight. It's a beautiful sound. ALSO...I don't believe that Clem is in fact a Box Turtle. If anyone has any idea as to what he may be please leave a comment. I'll try to post a better picture in a couple hours.


One last thing. I just got through illegally watching August Rush and it was one of the best films I've seen in a long time. If you don't cry you have no soul.

G'night everyone

No comments: