Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Let It Roll

I just recently learned that my parents have been reading my blog. I'm ok with it really but it's kinda' like dancing in your room in your underwear only to find your parents have been standing in the doorway watching. No big deal, I've danced in less.

For the last couple of days I've been emailing this guy whose situation is similar to mine. He wrote that his sister had turned him on to the blog a couple of weeks ago and that he could really identify with everything I'm going through. But this guy has it bad. He's 34 and started to be a stay at home dad after an accident at work crushed his left leg and the doctors were forced to amputate. He has a little girl who is 6 but he has reasons to believe that the child isn't his. His wife is an Executive clothes buyer for a department store which means she travels a lot. For months while she was away on business, the wife sent him an email saying that she wasn't in love with him any more and that he needed to start packing his things.

A FRIKKIN EMAIL? That is messed up. He called his wife after he read the email and asked her what she expected to happen with their daughter as the wife is away on business a lot. She said that she would get a live in sitter to stay with the daughter while the wife wasn't home.

He wrote this "After I hung up the phone, I went and poured a drink. I sat there for a long time just trying to absorb everything. I couldn't believe this was happening but I guess in the back of my mind I figured that it was only a matter of time." He went on discussing the things his wife did and the way she had been acting lately. It was obvious to him and his friends and family that she was cheating. He lived with it because he knew that after the accident he obviously wasn't the same guy and that part of him didn't blame his wife. But he said the big reason he ignored it was for his daughter. A daughter that may or may not even be his.

He then wrote the following "Being a parent isn't about whose blood is flowing through the child's veins. Anyone who is in love with their adopted child would understand this. Being a parent is loving the child regardless of all that. Being a parent means that you would move the world to protect your child from any harm. Being a parent is about loving unconditionally."

I will never forget those words.

He lives in a state where the laws on divorce are similar to mine. His wife is doing a bunch of evil crap to get him to leave. He knows she doesn't care about the child as much as she wants to keep up appearances that she is a loving mother. He wrote that like everything, some days are harder then others but that he would never change his mind about his decision to stay with his girl. He is committed to this and he is getting a lot of support.

He also said this, "Sometimes at the end of a really bad day, I'll reread your posts for the millionth time and knowing that I'm not the only one married to a psycho bitch makes the things that are happening to me easier to take."

Thanks a lot Robert...no pressure at all :P

Ok, I'm 5 posts ahead. Which means I've got 5 ready to go but I don't want to post too much to keep up with. I do hope to post one more today after me and the girls get back from Toys 'R' Us.

Also, if you don't read the comments section please read the comment from Bubble Wrap Girl in the last post. She has said everything I've been trying to say. The one thing I love about her comment is that you can just feel how committed she is to her children through her words.

Peace,
W

Crap, one more thing. I got an email from a friend asking me about the song I quoted in the post "Things Left Behind." The band, Once Hush was a local band that put out a couple of indie cd's before they broke up a few years ago. I keep an eye out for copies of their cd's just so I can give them to friends. I don't think I would get in a ton of trouble if I sent copies of the song to anyone interested. Just email me at wmhoyt@gmail.com.

UPDATE - Once Hush has a Myspace page and on that page there are a few songs that you can listen too. No Apologies is there. 


And crap again. I want to wish a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a very special girl. So Happy Birthday. I hope your day is a wonderful one.

No comments: