Sunday, April 20, 2008

Let's Take a Break

Just a few things I've been listening to. Hope you hear something you like.

Sister Hazel. I cannot say enough about this band. My wife turned me on to them when we first met and I've been hooked ever since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKL4oq6IJnQ

The Refreshments - Solid, fun band. No longer together which is sad but Roger Clyne who is the lead singer has a band called Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers and their music is similar. 
"your breath will smell like wine, I like that a lot especially when I kiss you"

Zakk Wylde - Lead guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne and Black Label Society but listen before you judge. I couldn't find a decent live version of this song, sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RsfZPwAis&feature=related

Henry Lee Summer - Another one hit wonder. He has a different sound and he's a really nice guy. I met him a few years ago as he was walking across the parking lot of the club he was playing at. His girlfriend was pissed that he had stopped to talk to me and my girlfriend but he was cool and we talked for quite awhile. Anyway.....

Joe Satriani - You may not get this unless you've ever been in love with a girl named Julie.

The Eagles - My favorite band. The new album is great. The song is meant as a personal commentary.

Buckcherry - This band was destined to bring back real rock and roll but they fell apart before that dream was reliazed. Luckily they got it together again. Not for the kiddies.
...and seriously, wait till the boss leaves your cubicle. I f@#%$in' love this song. Again Julie related :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu3IqpnjfUs&feature=related

No comments: