Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh Crap.......


I am so not ready for this. 





















Ok, so the girl on the left is Nikki, the boy on the right is her um....uh...ah...OK, OK...IT'S HER BOYFRIEND. There I said it, are you all happy??!!!!

His name is Aiden and he is the one boy in Nikki's class of 9 children. Aiden could have his pick of any of the girls and for a while we all thought he had chosen one of the other girls to be his bride-to-be. But she wasn't in class last week and my daughter, taking a page from her fathers playbook, used the opportunity to steal him away. And how did she do this you may ask? Caterpillars. That's right she used insects. Well, she could have used dinosaurs as this is another interest the two share but since dinosaurs don't start coming out 'till the Fall my daughter used bugs. Because as we know, the quickest way to a boys heart is though his uh......thorax. Sorry, I had to say it. :P

However, as much as I'm not ready for Nikki to notice boys, the one she has noticed is by far the sweetest 4 year old boy I have ever met. He's for the most part quiet and polite which is rare for his age. His mother is the coolest person you would ever want to meet and although I've only met his father twice, he seemed like a good guy. So if Aiden is the boy for Nikki, she couldn't have picked a better one.

The following conversation is being relayed to show Aiden's parents what they are getting as a daughter-in-law.

Nikki - Daddy, is poo made out of food?
Me - Yes Nikki, poo is made out of food.
Nikki - Even Desert?
Me - Yep, even desert.
Nikki - Then why doesn't it taste like it?

Yeah, I'm proud of her too.

Hey, Robert, the guy I talked about a few posts ago suggested that I try to get this blog some more attention by submitting it to a few of the blog/father/stay at home fathers sites. You'll notice on the right hand side of this page near the bottom is a blog rater that then goes back to BlogCatalog. I am expecting to be added to a few other sites very soon and I will keep everyone posted. Unfortunately (but really fortunately) my situation is kinda rare and as Robert wrote "It's good to know that I'm not the only guy dealing with this." Maybe we can all be alone together.

Bye

No comments: