Friday, April 25, 2008

Where the Heck is Bruce Willis

I wanted to start today's post by not apologizing. If you've been offended, or hurt, or disappointed by any of my posts then all I can say is that I'm not doing this for you. This is my space to get some things out of my head. If you can't cope with that then you should stop reading. Really.

And a big thanks to you who have left comments and sent emails. I have never considered myself a witty nor intelligent writer but it seems that some of you do so I'm good with that.
 
So with that out of the way.

In case you haven't heard, it may be business as usual for the planet earth in the year 2014.

There was a story floating around the web a couple of weeks ago about a German newspaper and it's report that a 14 year old german student had corrected NASA's assessment of the probability that the asteroid Apophis would crash into earth, extinguishing all life. The student showed NASA's it's calculations that the asteroid had a 1 in 450,000 in hitting the earth were incorrect and the chances were in fact 1 in 450. Now I don't know about anyone else but the 1 in 450,000 chance had me a little worried. The 1 in 450 prediction made me pee a little. Luckily for us it turns out that NASA was correct in it assessment of chance for impact in the year 2036. NASA says that while the asteroid cannot be viewed at present due to it's proximity to the sun, they should be getting a good look at it in about 6 years.

...and I have no idea why I thought that this was important to share.

Clem update day 3 -

Clem seems to be doing well. He doesn't seem to be eating much but I don't know how much a 4 day old turtle is supposed to eat. He loves swimming in his pool but his tank is covered in sand. So when he's done and gets out I will wash and dry him so he doesn't have sand sticking to all his turtles places.

No comments: