Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Mouth to Feed

This is Clem.

Photobucket


Clem is a turtle. Clem was found on the walkway leading to my front door. Clem is lucky I happened to be looking down while I was walking to the door. Clem is also lucky that I was the one who found him.

I don't know what most people would do if they found a day old box turtle on their front porch. I'm guessing they may put him in a grassy spot and go about their day. Or ignore him all together. Not me, oh no. See I have this weak spot for animals and I have no idea why but I tend to go to great lengths taking care of strays of all kinds. I'm the guy who stops along the highway to see if the dog running along the road has a collar and can be returned to it's home. I'm the guy who pays $800.00 in vet bills on a week old gerbil hoping that it may live despite what the vet says. And unfortunately I'm also the guy who moves dead dogs and cats off of the road because someone loved that animal.

I'm also the guy who spent a whole bunch of money he didn't have to make a home for a day old turtle that probably won't survive the night. And I'm the guy who will probably cry when I find Clem tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expect nothing less from a Luxon. :p

Give the little guy a rub on his back from me.