Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Counting Oranges

It's raining again today making it 7 out of the last 8 days that we've been wet. I love a good day of rain, even two days is fine. But all this rain and clouds has been sapping me of my energy. Not good.

I am currently undertaking the task of getting all the pictures of my wife off of my computer. I'm just sick and tired of looking at those 'happy times' knowing what I know now. I would love to just trash them all but I won't. I figure the kids may want to see them some day. For now I just need to back them up and delete the originals. Of course for me to do this I have to actually look at them and it makes me a little sick. It's like, how much of the last 10 years has been a lie? Maybe I need to wait till the sun comes back out. If it ever does.

Nikki has one more day of school. Like I wrote before, I am trying to keep my network alive so that Nikki had some friends to play with over the summer. In the past we spent a bunch of time with my sister in law and her own kids but they are a bit older than Nikki and Jessie and while everyone loves everyone else, it's not the same as having friends your age to play with. In order to do this though I need to stay outside of my box and keep up with the moms and dads in Nikki's school.

And in other news -

Clem is doing well. He will take the worms I feed him from my fingers. He loves just hanging out and chillin'. I am however beginning to believe that Clem is actually Clementine. I may take him/her in to have this mystery solved tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I have pneumonia. Meh, whatever. Been hacking for the last two weeks. I'll get over it.

Went to the gym for the first time in two weeks. I felt bad that I haven't gone in a while. I felt worse afterwards. Got to eight miles on the bike and my legs threw up the white flag. I did get all of the weight stuff done but I'm paying for it now. Body is all types of sore.

I fell of the Food Lion Girl wagon. I went 6 whole days without seeing her and then........ It's ok though. I think I'm over my crush. Just thought I'd share.

In case you didn't notice I changed the name of the blog to something a bit more original. I also changed some of the pics to the left ------>

Sleep tight everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey :)

Just catching up on your blog. Sucks that's it's raining so much. Nothing makes you feel worse about stuff than lots of rainy days :(

You're right to keep copies of the pics for your kids, though I'd suggest you try to do it without looking at them. You wanna wipe the slate clean, not linger on the doodles left behind :p

This is your time to bloom and grow, but instead (like some other certain person) of tossing everything you have to the side in order to do so...you're letting it bloom and grow with you. I mean you and your kids :p Oh, and Clem(entine) :D

MDStayathomefather said...

It does suck that it has been raining but you know now that it's all nice again I think I appreciate the sun even more.

And yes this was an extremely metaphorical statement.

Thanks for the words Arte.

Much love

hollywood3808 said...

I hope you mention Charlie the goldfish and Maggie as often as you mention Clem BTW. You could be starting a little bit of sibling rivalry.