Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Wanna be a Cowboy, Baby

Today I feel broken.

Today I had to confront my wife about the damage she has been inflicting on our children.

Today I had to remind her that I have a very dark and evil part of me and if she didn't stop taking her anger out on the girls I would open the evil up to her and her world would become very different, very fast.

Today I did the one thing I hoped I wouldn't have to do. I gave my wife a real reason to fear me.

Today I feel broken.

My wife got back from church and said that she needed to go see her mother. No problem. She then tried to hand me two free tickets to the circus and said that if I wanted to take the girls, she would fund it. She said it like she was throwing me a table scrap that I should be thankful for .......AND I LOST IT!!!

I spent last night comforting my child who expected her mother to be home meanwhile her mother was at some party and didn't come home till 2:30am. I'm tired, I'm sick, and I have the shakes from some Ambien side effect. And I should feel grateful that you would pay so your children can go to the circus?

I'm sorry but go to hell.

I finally reached the end. I've taken every bad thing she has thrown at me and my children.  I was wrong in doing it. I was a bad parent.

When we discipline our children it's not because they did something bad. We discipline them so they won't do it again. My wife is not a child but when she acts like one then I need to act like the parent.

So today I told my wife this. "Somehow you have forgotten how much I can hurt a person if I really want to." Then I told her two things.

EDIT- On second thought writing what I told my wife could get her lawyer a little too excited. I'm sure I've done that enough already.

And that was it. I mean sure there was a a lot of blah, blah, BS. She gets this stupid smirk when she thinks she knows more then me or if she thinks she can bluff me with it. I went outside, she followed. I told her to just get out of my house and I'll take care of the girls. She says it's not my house and I come back with 'well half of it is.' This pisses her off. So she decides to take the girls and leave. I will never tell her that she can't take the girls and I can only hope she's at least trying to be a thoughtful mother with them today and not parading other men around them.

And if she does at least try to be a thoughtful mother today then it truly will be a Happy Mother's Day.

But the day was still young and a bunch of interesting stuff was yet to happen. I'll write when the house is quite again.

2 comments:

Tris said...

Hey Amigo, great blog.I have one question, did your wife pay attn,. in church, obviously not.it goes back to morales u were talking about earlier.Most people these days believe the state they reside in marries them,wrong!God marries u, maybe some more marriages would work if peeps remebered this.Unfortaunatly though we live in a society of convinenece, where its just easier to give up at first sign of trouble than work for things.Nothing worth having or achieving is ever easy.Hang in there brother, u a great daddy and person for putting kids first in all this.Remind your wife of old saying, u reap what u sow, which is the truth.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tris. Welcome.

It's easy for some to say they believe in God when they think they are in his good graces. And I'm sure in some little sick place in her head she believes that God would want her to go be happy. It's amazing what some people can justify.

However this is how I'm guessing God is preparing for my wife -

God- "Hey satan I'm sending you another one".
Satan - "Divorce."
God - "Yepper"
Satan - "You know G-man, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Uh, well the thing is the divorce section is getting kinda crowded."
God - "Oh Me Damnit I knew this was gonna become a problem. OK, I'll look into it. Well anyway, this one is a bit different"
Satan - "Let me guess, Just walked out of the marriage. Never bothered trying to get help. Meanwhile the husband is a great guy. Is it the other thing?"
God - "Sadly yes."
Satan - "Do these people not read the Commandments? Seems pretty clear to me."
God - "There's more."
Satan - "Oh don't tell me....kids?"
God - "Bingo"
Satan - "Well why didn't you say that in the first place? I have a special place for those people."
God- "You mean.."
Satan - "Oh yeah. Eternal Jerry Springer Show."
God- "Perfect."

I'm not making fun of God it's just that my God has a wicked sense of humor.

Anyway, thanks again Tris. See you in the trenches.

-W