Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Been a Good Year for Bad Days or a Bad Year for Good Days

Ok boys and girls, this trip will more than likely go off the tracks a bit but please open your minds a little and try to read without judging.

The Bible confuses me. I mean really, all the twists and contridictions is just too much.

I came back to religion when all this divorce talk started hoping to find something to carry me through. And I did find what I needed but it wasn't religion.

I do believe in God. I don't believe in all the hoops you have to jump through to be in his/her good graces. I do believe in heaven but my heaven isn't littered with clouds and angels. And I believe in hell. We're living it. Sure, my Hell isn't all brimstone and fire heck, sometimes it can be very pleasant but my idea of heaven is so much more than we can imagine. Life is my idea of Hell.

I think religion can serve a purpose. Religion can bring together people to share ideas and life experiences. But I can't sign up for any religion that tells me I have to live a certain way or believe in certain things. That's just me.

Anyway, I brought this up because of something MIchelle wrote me in an email. She made the comment that I'm a 'eye for an eye' type of person. Of course I told her that I wasn't, that's crazy talk. 'I'm a eye, limb and most of a torso for an eye' kinda guy. But ask yourselves what kind of person you are. Maybe you lean more towards the 'turn the other cheek' philosophy. That's cool if it's working for you. My experience is that if I turn the other cheek I get that slapped also.

Some may think that this blog is a way to get back at my wife for the things she's doing but it's really not and if you knew me you would know that. Look, as far as I know right now not many people who are close to us read this thing. Yes a few do but eh, so what. If I really wanted this to be payback then I would increase the readership to about 250. This blog is for no one but me. I'm glad others read it, I'm glad they support me. But even if no one read it I would still be doing it. And I would really encourage people to start writing blogs or journals or whatever. It's interesting what you can learn about yourself from reading what you write. And every once in a while someone will make a comment that may make your day.

No comments: