Friday, May 16, 2008

Little Black Heart

I had a dream last night that I asked Zoe to marry me. Well almost.

I have a lot of very strange dreams. I think my head has problems processing the junk in my life so every once in a while it digs up crap just to throw a curve in my already curvy life.

Anyway in this dream I was on my way to Zoe's house when I found a little lost kitten in the street. I picked it up, put it in my coat pocket and continued on my way. She wasn't home when I got there so I left the kitten inside and left. I called her house a bit later and the kitten answered the phone. He said that Zoe got hit by a truck and that she was in the hospital. He said that no one was allowed to see her except for family. Then the kitten said "I'm hungry man so get your ass over here and feed me." On my way to get the talking cat I decided to write Zoe a letter but by the time I got to her house I couldn't understand anything I had wrote. The only word that I could make out was 'UTIL.' and that isn't even a word.

And then I woke up.

It rained again today which sucks. Jen from nursery school sent me an email about this cool park out in Virginia that would make Nikki go ape doo doo. Something to do next week I guess.

So since my plans got washed out for today I decided to build our 14 year old dog Blazer a ramp so that he wouldn't have to keep climbing up and down the stair when he needed to go potty. The dog belonged to my wife's first husband and after she dumped him she wound up keeping the dog. Blazer is pretty much blind and deaf and he had hip surgery a while back, Steps are tough on the guy so I built him a ramp.

I actually was thinking about buying him a ramp but those things cost around $150. Eh, I had the wood, the tools, and a bit of skill so I figured I could do it on my own. It actually came out kinda nice but as I wasn't so much concerned about the looks as I was the function of it I am pleased.

The cool thing about having dads, well having my dad anyway, is that he likes buying me tools when he's up here. One year he came up and we built a bar for the poolroom upstairs. Not so much 'we' as me. The we part involved a lot of drinking and talking about the project. By the time he left we had the base completed. He did buy me a really nice table saw so that was cool. Last year he bought me a table router. I have no idea why. I don't really use it but it's nice to know that if something needs routing, I'm the guy.

Later

No comments: