Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Youneedanotherloverlikeyouneedaholeinyourhead

So last Friday my wife had made an appointment to get the girls hair cut. Sherry, the woman who cuts the girls hair is a childhood friend of my wife's. I didn't know if my wife had said anything to her about the separation/divorce so I didn't know what level of tension to expect.

So we get there and Sherry is finishing up with another woman. Sherry is in her early 40's I would guess and this woman is late 40's early 50's. Sherry has this really cute little body that makes a man's mind wander. And it doesn't help me at all that she wears these low cut shirts. To make matters worse, to cut my girls hair she has to do a lot of bending over in front of me. That's just a burden I find strength to bear. The problem is that her cleavage puts me in this weird, um.....playful space. And it's not usually a real problem unless there is another woman in the room because I would never hit on Sherry.

Sherry and this lady are talking about this date the woman has that night and about how the rain is gonna reek havoc on her hair. And from somewhere out of nowhere I say,

"Well, on the list of what guys really care about, hair is kinda down at the bottom."

And they both crack up. They're laughing so I decide to push a little further and say,

"I mean the only concern we really have about hair is how it will look the next morning."

And I still have them laughing. Their getting all blushy and whatever and so on instinct I go a bit further. Meanwhile they play all shocked and innocent.

"I'm sure Sherry is well worth the money you're paying her but I can guarantee that for half the cost you could go out, buy the right shirt and make a real impression."

And this isn't really me talking. I guess I was in this zone and I was having fun. But here's this guy with his two daughters laying down some fairly risque lines and it was working. I just wanted a reaction and I got exactly that. And to top it off, the final line that would decide the game. As she bent over right beside me to pick up her purse I said,

"Oh that shirt would work just fine."

She stutters, she blushes. He shoots, he scores...nothing but net.

The thing is that I am different now. Yes, I could lay those lines out there before and depending on the looks I was getting, know what my next line should be. I'm good at that. But now, I'm fearless. Now I play my games because it's fun and I'm not looking for anything but a blush and a smile. I thought I may be a little rusty. But it doesn't look like I am.

Tonight I went to Food Lion again. Hey, we needed sugar :P

My crush is turning into infatuation. Just something about that girl.....anyway. After Food Lion I decided to go by one of the many bars for a drink. I have only been in two of the 8 bars in the area. I'm not a big bar guy. I had enough when I worked in them.

As I was walking in, this really, really cute girl walks right behind me so I hold the door open for her and we caught eyes for a couple too many seconds. Yeah I know, I'm sure I had a booger in my nose or something. I sit at the bar, she sits two stools to my left and we exchange a few glances as I drink my LIT. She gets up to go to the bathroom and I hand the bartender a few bucks and ask him to buy the lady her next drink.

And I leave.

I get in the Jeep, grab my iPod and search for Prince - Raspberry Beret. I turn the stereo up loud. As I'm pulling out of the parking lot I see the girl at the door looking for, I hope, me. She sees me...or more likely hears me and I just smile and drive off.

Sometimes it's better not knowing.

And as I sit here and write this I'm thinking about how much that girl looked like FLG. I'm sitting here crushin'.

Night

No comments: